From 4.30 to 5.30 UK time / 11.30 to 12.30 ET on Tuesday 10 June, Business Fights Poverty () and Triple Pundit ( we will be hosting a conversation on Twitter as part of the 2014 Design Expo.
Join us with the hashtag #bfpexpo to explore the following questions:
- What are some of big successes and failures in designing for the BoP?
- What can we learn from these experiences?
- What insights are there in how to go about the process of design?
- What are the factors behind a successful business model?
- How are companies overcoming the challenges of marketing and distributing products to BoP consumers?
- How can different players work together - large companies, social entrepreneurs, government and civil society?
- Do designers take gender sufficiently into account when designing for the BoP?
- What are some of the next big opportunities?
- Any final thoughts, tips or advice for those designing for the base of the pyramid?
We'll be joined by a panel of experts, including:
Never done this before? Read Triple Pundit's primer on how a twitter chat works.
Please RSVP by Tweeting:
Join me June 10 to talk about designing for the base of the pyramid w/@fightpoverty @Triplepundit